Fresh/ Experienced - Diploma/ Degree Mechanical / Production Engineers.
Process equipment design course is unique, which discusses all the following items
in a single course. It begins by discussing the fundamentals of material selection
for process plant applications/simulation & mechanical design of equipments.
Introduction to :
- Role of Process Equipment designer in various fields
- Industry functioning and plat overview
- Basic process requirement of plants/projects
- Importance of codes and standards and their applications
Documents Study :
- Process Data Sheet
- PFD and other documents used for designing
- Vendor data, its checking & use in design
- Other various inputs
Selection of materials required for various services.
To understand pressure part calculations.
Preparation of :
- Mechanical data sheets of process equipments
- Bill of Material at various stages
Basic Introduction of :
- Piping components used in equipments
- Construction procedure of process equipments
- Welding, Inspection and method of testing
Mechanical design of Process Equipments
(Vessels, Reactors, Heat
Exchanger, Distillation Columns, Chimney etc.)
Overview of G.A. Drawings and Fabrication drawings of Equipments.
MDMT (Minimum Design Mental Temperature)
Overview of NDT
Overview of Rotary Equipments.
Overview of Piping / Nozzle Orientation / Isometric etc.
Site Visit will be arranged at industrial plant either in shut down or not working
- To be able to apply the requirements of the relevant industry standards to the mechanical
design of equipments used in the process industry and above ground atmospheric storage
- To specify appropriate physical property models to simulate processes
After successful completion of the Course, the students get job in Design Consultancy,
Equipment manufacturing Companies, Production Units, and Inspection & Testing.