· Industry and industrial systems
· e.g. Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, Organic Pharmaceuticaletc.
· Basic structural requirement of the plants/projects,
· Role of Civil engineers in various fields .
Inputs from various departments and output.
Concept of Analysis and Loading Calculations.
· Steel StructureDesign
Detailed Analysis & design of:
· Pipe Racks andSleepers,
· Static equipmentfoundation design,
· Rotating equipmentfoundation (Block & frame type),
· Equipment SupportingStructures (Technological Structures),
· Plant Buildings suchas Compressor House, Control Building, Substation, Pump house, etc.
· Non-plant buildingssuch as Admin building, Warehouse, Workshop.
Selection of various steel.
Relevant Standards/Codes, their importance and applications.
General Civil Works
· Roads, Drains, Viz.:Contaminated rain water sewer & oily water sewer
· Paving Dyke wall, TankFarm Area, Boundary wall, Fence & gate, Local support & platforms, etc.
· Cooling Tower, FlareStack, Chimney
Computer Aided Analysis and Design (with concept of STAADsoftware)
Study of other department documents used for designing of plants
Preparation of Bill of Material at various stages
Site Visit will be arranged at industrial plant